The past few weeks our featured job has been a professor position. This week, I’m mixing things up a little. In honor of the new Flexible Academics group at Vitae, I’m featuring a job this week that qualifies as a flexible academic position.
Here are the details about RAND’s Research Editor:
- Senior-level Research Editor with a diverse range of editing and communications skills who will be responsible for online developmental editing, copyediting, copywriting, and typesetting and page layout for print, electronic, and web products in support of the publication of final, peer-reviewed RAND research products
- Also advises writers and researchers in matters of style, syntax, and usage to improve the general quality and effectiveness
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Copyediting and proofreading experience
- Must be familiar with common style guides
- Comfortable with publishing and electronic media
- Knowledge of copyright and IP issues
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a publishing or communications environment.
The RAND Corporation is a research organization that develops solutions to public policy challenges to help make communities throughout the world safer and more secure, healthier and more prosperous.
Sounds like a job ready-made for a flexible academic to me. Read more and apply for the job here.
We also have higher ed jobs on our job board.